WordPress is not only ideal for blogging, but also consider ideal for e-commerce website. If you are looking to build an online store, then you need to select the right e-commerce plugin. In this blog, we will describe five best WordPress e-commerce plugins and their pros and cons
Woocommerce- This is the popular e-commerce plugin for WordPres and extensively used by e-commerce application development companies. This plugin is free and comes with golden collection of free and paid themes and extensions.
Pros of using WooCommerce-
- It offers hundreds of plugins and themes, so you have a bunch of options when choosing design and layout of the site.
- It supports physical as well as digital Goods.
- Good support for payment and shipping option.
- Excellent documentation available online for Woocommerce.
Cons of using WooCoomerce-
- WooCommerce is a user friendly plugin, but numbers of options are intimidating for new user.
- Difficult to find the right addons.
Easy Digital Download- It is a lightweight and feature rich e-commerce plugin comes with beautiful and functional digital good store. You can analyze your data easily via interactive graphs, which will show your earning and sales report.
Pros of using easy digital download
- Easy Digital Download is ideal for selling digital goods.
- It is very easy to use, here too many options will not confuse the beginner. At the initial stage you will instantly figure out how to add products and display them.
- This plugin is well documented and give you awesome support like video, tutorials and IRC chat room.
Cons of using easy digital download
- This plugin becomes quite complicated, when you want to sell non digital goods along with digital downloads.
- In order to add external products you need to install a third party add-on.
ithemes Exchange- This is a simple and strong e- commerce WordPress plugin developed by ithemes. This plugin give you easy option like download and product purchase, editing transactions and notes to customer information.
Pros of using ithemes exchange
- It supports multiple products like digital download and physical goods.
- It is easy and quick set up
- itheme offers very nice and intuitive interface
Cons of using ithemes exchange
- ithemes exchange is a smaller community than many other popular e-commerce plugin.
Shopp- Shopp is flexible WordPress e-commerce plugin. Today, shopp is free and used by web design and Web Development Company. Let’s take a look at some of its pros and cons.
Pros of using Shopp
- It improves database performance, which result it improves the loading time of the page.
- Shopp supports multiple products like physical, digital and virtual products types
- This plugin pays special attention security and safety
Cons of using Shopp
- It has limited free support and themes
Shopify- Shopify is emerging eCommerce platform, it does come with a WordPress integrated. Let’s look at the pros and cons of this versatile e-commerce platform.
Pros of using Shopify
- Like WooCommerce, Shopify is very easy for beginner
- It supports digital as well as physical goods
- Shopify integrates Facebook store, Buyable pins and Twitter Buy Buttons.
Cons of using Shopify
- Shopify charges a monthly fee to use their platform
- Shopify charges you an additional fee, if you don’t use their payment platform which is powered by Stripe.